Dukinfield Medical Practice
20-22 Concord Way, Dukinfield, SK16 4DB | Tel: 0161 343 6382 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Current time is 05:52 - Sorry, we're closed
83 Birch Lane , Dukinfield, SK16 4AJ | Tel: 0161 330 2039 | email@example.com | Current time is 05:52 - Sorry, we're closed
Advice for Parents during Coronavirus
CARING FOR PEOPLE AT HIGHEST CLINICAL RISK FROM COVID-19
Background and FAQs for patients
Text Updates from the Practice
If you wish to receive text updates from the Practice, please make sure that we have your correct mobile phone number. It can be updated by completing this form.
If you are self-isolating and have no family, friends or neighbours to support you, or you are concerned about a vulnerable neighbour please call 0161 342 8355.
Advice on other issues relating to the pandemic can be found at https://www.tameside.gov.uk/coronavirus
Medication Deliveries for those in difficulty
Call 0161 342 8355
Guidance on social distancing for everyone in the UK and protecting older people and vulnerable adults – GOV.UK
For the latest Government advice, click here
Multi-language guidance for Coronavirus (Covid-19) available here.
Get an isolation note
Use this service if you have been told to stay at home because of coronavirus and you need a note for your employer.
Covid-19 and Domestic Violence
Information videos from the World Health Organisation
Friday 20th March
Latest Update on Coronavirus situation and changes to Surgery arrangements for Appointments and Prescriptions.
The government has released new guidance on social distancing. To continue to support our staff and vulnerable patients, the practice has taken the decision to close Birch Lane site to all Patients. Concord Way will be open to patients who have pre-booked appointments or have been directed to attend by one of the practice team.
If you already have a pre-booked appointment, there is no need to contact the practice. Our reception team will be in contact with you before the appointment to confirm if you still need to attend.
Those of you we have mobile phone numbers for should receive a message over the next coming days (if you don’t get it that probably means you have not given us your correct number) detailing a couple of changes we are making from Monday 23rd March 2020.
1. Birch Lane will no longer be open to patients.
2. In order to reduce patient exposure to possible Coronavirus, we are continuing to provide a telephone triage appointment system. All morning open surgery appointments must be requested via online-consultation or by phone on 0161 343 6382. Patients attending to queue will be turned away and asked to contact us online or by phone.
3. Please help support the practice and our local pharmacists by continuing to order your repeat medication as you would do normally, 7 days before your prescription is due.
4. All repeat prescriptions are to be requested via patient access. Please contact our reception team who can help you get set up.
5. We will send your prescriptions electronically to a pharmacy of your choice.
6. All patients who ring for an appointment will be asked what this is for. We only need a brief summary, therefore please do not get cross with our reception team as they are only following clinical instructions. They will take your details and get a clinician to ring you.
7. All routine non-urgent appointments will be postponed until further notice
8. If you have developed flu like symptoms, a fever, or a new continuous cough, please self-isolate for 7 days and visit NHS 111 online for advice.
If you are feeling unwell and have travelled recently please contact NHS 111 online.
DO NOT COME TO SURGERY. We are sorry to shout this bit but it is really important that you do not put other people at risk, particularly those that may already be unwell and of course our teams who are key in keeping the practice running and our population healthy.
Finally, for the most up to date advice, we would recommend you go to the following verified website and not rely on the national press.
For details on social isolation please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-on-social-distancing-and-for-vulnerable-people/guidance-on-social-distancing-for-everyone-in-the-uk-and-protecting-older-people-and-vulnerable-adults
Find out how to protect yourself and others from coronavirus. Learn more http://nhs.uk/coronavirus
Please help us to help you keep well.